Tuesday, November 7, 2017

PHOENIX





She was so beautiful - and that voice!

************************

"You will rise,You'll return,The phoenix from the flame,You will learn,You will rise,You'll return,Being what you are,There is no other Troy, For you to burn"

*************************


 I feel as if I've risen from the flames like that Phoenix. I've kept low for the last three years just getting on with my business but have been stirred.



Yes, I know what you're thinking - you think that the new Labour government has been the 'alarm clock' but you're wrong - not entirely though. It's very exciting for sure and I'm hoping that things will go very well Trevor Mallard fiasco or no Trevor Mallard fiasco. At least we don't have a ponytail-pulling pervert at the helm.

I'm a realist, an opportunist and a chameleon so adding phoenix to my attributes is easy. I've seen many changes in social order, political affiliations and socio-economic situations and have been able to adapt myself to suit. Recently the rise of corporatisation is having widespread effect on everyones lives so will have to be considered.  Our lives are now being more led by commercial companies than by religions or governments. Many of the biggest corporates hide themselves behind a facade of 'social usefulness' so aren't recognised, particularly by the younger generations as being the avaricious capitalists they really are.



Modern social media, computer and global retail companies - you know the ones are getting away with things that used to be frowned upon and even illegal - like tax evasion, tax avoidance, anti-competitive practices, transfer pricing - all sorts of things that the capitalist railway barons, mill owners, shipping owners and oil companies of yesteryear used to do.

Anyway. I've risen and come to the realisation that sometimes, if you can't beat them it's better to join them. A social media friend - Good Kiwi Bloke alerted me to the fact that THE CURMUDGEON has reinvented itself and created a phenomenally successful enterprise named CURMUDGEONS INC. which is a tight association of leading edge blogs. The core of these are wholly owned subsidiaries of
CURMUDGEONS INC. but there is the opportunity to be financially linked which GKB and me will explore.

Annexation incorporation is the new religion so we'd all better get praying.

















No comments:

Post a Comment