Monday, May 2, 2011

ADOLPHESCENCE

I remained confused as I grew into adolescence and my parents grew worried when they occasionally visited me from their homes in either Austria or Argentina. My father was an instruments engineer and said that he was developing a special sort of gyroscope for ships compasses ...I wondered. My mother was a research chemist and said that she was investigating a cure for malaria....I wondered. They pulled some strings and removed me from the HJ and enlisted me with the Einsatzgruppe as a cadet. Although I was really too young for this the commander seemed to like me ("nice legs" he said) and took me on as his personal assistant. I liked this group as they played by different rules and while there was still strict codes to be followed re uniform for parades etc., at camp we could do what we wanted.


Mein freund Anselm took this photograph of me one Christmas morning. He was a funny chap.
We did a lot of orientation exercises as the commander said that soon we would be going on expeditions. More later.

4 comments:

  1. Anselm is a bass player. He doesn't do this crap. Make your stories up about someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mein freund Anselme played football. What is your problem my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I think it's funny; in a humerous way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you coming to Uncle Ian's party on Saturday?
    (I mean Robert, not Freaky Second.)

    ReplyDelete